This privacy notice applies to personal and other information collected on this website.
To join the library, we collect your:
- contact details, including your address, email, and phone number
- job role and where you work.
We only collect information needed to confirm your eligibility to use our library, send books out, and get books back. This information is stored in our Koha library management system, hosted by Catalyst IT
We also collect personal information provided when you complete an online form on our website, for example when you request a username and password. This information is only kept temporarily for the purposes of completing your request.
If you want to check or update the personal information that we hold for you, you can:
- log in to your library account and view and update most personal information
- email the library at email@example.com
You can also write to:
The Privacy Officer
Ministry of Education
PO Box 1666
For more information on privacy, please visit the Privacy Commissioner's website
Browser cookies are small files that are sent by a website and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
Cookies are used by the Education Library website to provide the Ministry with information about site usage and to help us improve our website.
Cookies from the Education Library website are not used to gather any personally identifiable information. The information we collect includes:
- the date and time you visited the site
- your IP address
- the pages you accessed on our site and the search terms you used, and
- details about your operating system (eg, Windows 7, Mac OSX) and your web browser (eg, Chrome, Internet Explorer).
This data is collected and aggregated for the Ministry by Google Analytics, a measurement and research service. You can find out more by visiting Google Analytics’ terms of service
You can manually disable cookies at any time - check your browser's help to find out how. This will not affect your ability to view this site.
Our library catalogue also uses session based cookies to keep information about the user session. These expire at the end of the session.